What conditions must my insurance meet?
Rules and conditions regarding Schengen visa are described by the Visa Code (Regulation EC No. 810/2009).
Your health or travel insurance must meet following conditions:
- Minimum coverage limit of 30.000 EUR
- The insurance covers the necessary health care costs in case of illness, accident or death
- The insurance covers the cost of repatriation of the insured person or his/her body (in case of death) to his/her home country
- The policy covers the whole Schengen zone
- The insurance coverage is valid throughout the whole duration of the stay (or transit) in the Schengen Zone
Recommendation: each Schengen zone country can apply additional conditions for the travel insurance associated with their visas. Therefore, always contact the embassy or consular office of the country you enter on your journey to the Schengen zone for their specific conditions and requirements.